What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies are used by all websites, and have several different functions. At a basic level cookies will:
At a glance:
- Allow the site to work properly, and help keep it secure.
- Help us understand how people use the website.
The cookies we use let our websites do the following:
The types of cookies we use:
|Our websites will:
||Our websites will not:
- Store a unique random number used if you purchase, or start using the Shopping Basket
- Monitor how our site is used.
- Store personal information (name, address, telephone number etc)
- Store passwords
- Share your details with advertisers
These are divided into two categories:
1. Necessary cookies
These cookies let you move around our websites and use all their features. Without them, you wouldn't be able to do things like use the shopping basket. These cookies also help keep your session secure.
2. Performance cookies
These simply help us improve the way our website works. They tell us how people use each page, which ones are most commonly viewed, or whether any errors occurred.
Changing your cookie settings:
We recommend that you don't change your cookie settings, as we can't guarantee the performance of the site if you block some or all cookies.
If you do decide to change them, you can do this through your browser. Each browser works in a different way, so you'll need to search for 'cookie settings' in your browser's help section to find out how to do this.